Camp Junie, DIY, Sew Junie
Comments 2

Sew Junie: Good Bones

Last time I shared my story about my camper’s dreaded water damage. If your new to my #SewJunie blog series about renovating my 1971 Shasta Compact, start here and learn all about how I found my new baby!

The day after I realized that the back wall of my camper was wet, under and around the window, I decided to do a little demolition, just to see what I might find. So, I started in the back where the water was (noticeably) coming in.

As I was buying the camper, I already knew that I wanted to remove the two closets so I could have more studio space for crafting and less vertical storage. There was a lot of dead space tucked up in the corner and I had plans for it. But, the camper was just so cute and seemed to be finished, so Mr. Modern June talked me out of turning it into a big project before show season started. Well that plan didn’t work out so well…

I woke up on the 7th of July, gathered my tools and set out to get to work. I’m going to show you pictures of the bones of the camper before I started ripping things out.

Door and Front Counter

closet one

closet 1 and 2

Closet 2, benches and bunk

Bunk

Left bench

Left and door

2 Comments

  1. Pingback: Sew Junie: Demo and Damage | Modern June: The Oilcloth Addict

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s